Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This application and supporting information must be turned in 60 days prior to the event.
All applications will be reviewed by staff. Depending on the type of event, staff may come back with additional requirements and cost estimates for the event such as a security plan, medical plan, traffic plan, etc and will be based on what is required for the event to take place.
A clean up deposit may also be required and if the City does not need to take care of any of the clean up, the deposit will be returned once everything has been completed.
Information must include the location, expected number in attendance, if there will be street closures, blocked parking lots, barricades, cleanup, etc. Send an email to email@example.com if more space is needed.
If you marked *Other* or *City Facility* include what type of event or what facility the application is for.
A site plan or map needs to included with the application and should include the outline of the entire event area, location of fencing, barriers, stages, tents, vendor area, dumpsters, and any thing else related to the event.
**If the plans include closure of a road that is under the jurisdiction of the Minnesota Department of Transportation, another form will need to be completed and submitted to MNDOT for approval.**
All power and water requests must go through and be approved by the Water and Light Commission. The Water and Light Commission may charge for labor and materials for event related activities. Contact the Distribution Superintendent by calling (218) 773-0515 between 8am and 4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Does this event require river access either going over the ice or on the water?
The Polk County Sheriff's Department boat and water permit application must be turned into the Sheriff's Office at least 14 days prior to the event and can be mailed to Polk County Sheriff's Office PO Box 416 or 600 Bruce Street Crookston, MN 56716.
This will need to be approved concurrently with the City's special event application.
Will this event utilize the DNR property (State Recreation Area) for something other than running on the trails?
If yes, there is an additional application that will need to be submitted to the DNR for approval. The application would be required to be approved concurrently with the City's special event application.
The application will need to be returned to the Red River State Recreation Area 515 2nd St NW East Grand Forks, MN 56721 or emailed it to Catherine.email@example.com.
Requesting the mobile stage does not guarantee that it is available. It may already be reserved. The daily rental rate is $250 per day.
Will there be merchandise vendors at the event?
City Code requires background checks and transient merchant licenses. A request can be made to City Council to have these requirements waived and that will need to be approved prior to the event.
Is there a plan to serve alcohol at this event?
If yes, a temporary liquor license will need to be applied for and approved or it will need to be catered in with food. The Administration Office will assist in this process.
Will there be food served at this event?
If yes, a caterer would need to have a catering license and mobile food vendors will have to be licensed by the City prior to the event. Vendors can visit the Food Truck or Vending Wagon page for more information or call the Administration Office at (218) 773-2483.
The City, at its discretion, may require the Organization/Applicant to obtain liability insurance for any event. If liability insurance is required the following requirements apply:
- Minimum coverage of $1,000,000 in general liability insurance.
- Organization/Applicant's insurance shall be primary.
- Insurance shall cover liability for injury, death, and property damage including coverage for alcohol related claims if alcohol is served.
- The insurance policy must be issued by an insurance company licensed to do business in Minnesota acceptable to the City.
- The City must be named as an "Additional Insured" on the policy.
- If insurance is required, a Certificate of Liability must be turned at a minimum of ten (10) days prior to the event.
It will be the responsibility of the organization/applicant to notify the residents, businesses, places of worship, and schools that are affected by street closures and/or noise related to your event. The notice must be given out at least two weeks prior to the event and must include contact information to the organization for concerns or issues.
Special Event Organizers/Applicant here by acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. We save, defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the City of East Grand Forks and all of its officers, departments, agencies, agents, and employees (collectively the "City") from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, fines, penalties, costs (including court costs and attorney's fees), charges, liability, or exposure, however caused, resulting from, arising out of, or in any way connected with the organization's/applicant's event.
2. We hereby expressly assume all such risks of injury, loss, or damage to us or any related third party, arising out of or in any way related to the special event activities, whether or not caused by the act, omission, negligence, or other fault of the City of East Grand Forks, it officers, its employees, or by any other cause.
3. We further hereby exempt, release and discharge the City of East Grand Forks, its officers, and its employees, from any and all claims, demands, and actions for such injury, loss, or damage to us or to any third party, arising out of or in any way related to the special event.
4. We hereby acknowledge and agree that said Agreement extends to all acts omissions, negligence, or other fault of the City of East Grand Forks, its officers, and/or its employees, and that said Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Minnesota.
5. The Release and Indemnification Agreement shall be effective as of the date or dates of the applicable special event, shall continue in full force until our responsibilities hereunder are fully discharged.
I hereby certify that the information contained in the application is true and accurate. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the City of East Grand Forks. I certify on behalf of the host organization to agree to be financially responsible for any costs and fees that may be incurred by or on behalf of the event. I certify that I am authorized to execute contracts and other instruments and legally bind the Organization/Applicant.
By electronically signing the special event application, the organization/applicant consents the e-signature legally binds them to the terms and conditions of the application and Release and Indemnification Agreement.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field